Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Samantha's Spring Party Dress Turned Yellow!

  1. #1
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar
    Samantha's Spring Party Dress turned yellow on me. I was so mad I looking through to see what to put Samantha in and then noitced the coller of the dress was turning yellow. I immediatly called AG Customer Service and told them and they were really cool about and they sid they would send me a new one and I would have to send back the old one.

    But still I could not believe it turned yellow.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do know Sam's Spring Party Dress has a green tint to it. That is weird that it would turn yellow. [img]confused.gif[/img] Glad they are standing behind it and getting you one that is right.

    Lea

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it just the collar? The collar and the belt both have that pink piping which, in addition to the double layer of fabric, makes mine look yellowish in indoor lighting. When I take it to the window or under my bright recessed lights, it looks fine. Traditional tungsten lighting has a yellowish tint and sometimes the colors in the room can also reflect onto objects. I had to take mine out of my gold kitchen (goldish, yellowish color, not as gaudy as it sounds!) to get a good look at the color.

    Color can be a funny thing. I'm only asking because now I'm concerned about our Spring Party Dress, I'm not doubting your word. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Tracy the actual top of the coller literally turned yellow. Its disgusting and disappointing.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to hear AG is sending you a new dress quickly... I'm sure it must have been disappointing to have an imperfect purchase. Hope you have better luck on your next one! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've heard her Middy dress sometimes does this, too. I'm really surprised that Felicity's Christmas dresses haven't turned purple. I've seen bright blue fabric do that a lot.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad AG is sending you a new one!The dress does have a green tint to it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by balletmom:
    I'm really surprised that Felicity's Christmas dresses haven't turned purple. I've seen bright blue fabric do that a lot.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooh! That sounds wonderful! I wish they did have that problem! I think the dress would be really pretty in purple. Hmm. That dress is in her patterns, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •